Welcome to Pit People Update 3: Emperor’s Orders! In this update we focus on special missions for you to complete, the addition of a mini-map in the world, and more rewarding jolly cooperation!
As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing.
- Daily Tasks have been introduced. These tasks include Co-op in each one of the Pit modes (PVP and Unfair Challenge) and will also involve completing a Quest in Co-op. Get ready to work together! The Emissary will give you the info once you’ve completed the introduction and have logged in for the first time that session.
- The Emperor’s Orders have been introduced. Once your current order is completed, a new one will pop up. Look for the Emissary on the side of your screen! Chain those rewards! There’s no limit to how many you can do per day.
- Both the Daily Tasks and Emperor’s Orders will grant gold/items immediately upon completion.
- Survival Guide now has two COLLECTIONS pages for unlocks
- Survival Guide now has MINI-MAP reference guide (When outside the city, you can bring up the MINI-MAP with your Survival Guide button – the default is F1)
- Survival Guide MINI-MAP will show the city location and all available WORLDMAP quests
- Survival Guide now has DAILIES and EMPEROR’S ORDERS pages
- House Menu has a completely reworked equipment area (“Paper Doll” interface)! Many of the creature menus are placeholder and will be updated by Update 4.
- House Menu now shows +DODG tradeoff icons
- Slightly reworked most pop-ups that have dialogue in them
- Higher resolution icons for in-fight advanced cursor hovering
- Option to turn off Camera Bobbing
- Option to lock cursor to game window
- Option to show Execute Turn button for mouse users
- Option to mute game when window is not in focus
- Small chance to find colored names, wavy names, or shaking names of any possible ‘standard’ name in the game. They can potentially have two effects on them.
- Rainbow Horse Horns now have pretty, pretty rainbowy trails
- Archers now ‘wiggle’ in a placeholder struggle animation when encroached. This is to avoid confusion of the archer thought to be ‘firing’ point-blank when they are really just doing a weak melee attack.
- Balance changes to Light Swords, Gnomes, Kobolds, Electrobots, Vampiress, Zombies, Gorgon, Octoclops, Mushroom, Humans, Wraith, The Stinger. Most changes are very small.
- More names have been added.
- Added new lines for the narrator in certain situations.
- Readjusted narrator “impatient” commentary.
- Narrator volume adjustable
- Ignore text chat from muted players
- Miscellaneous cursor fixes
- Fixed a rare crash when exiting the game
- Added button mapping for Hori Gem Pad 3
- Mouse wheel can now be used with the survival guide within the house
- Improve handling of lost network packets
- Prevent blind-locking
- A yellow outline appears on the selected fighter in battles
- Added a separate audio channel for the narrator with its own volume slider
- Fixed a crash that would occur when returning to the lobby after a PVP match with 4 players and 1-2 spectators
- Fixed issues with gunner keyboard/gamepad controls
- Players can do their battle planning while AI and the auto battler are planning
- Fighter stat numbers at the end of the battle can now have 4 digits
- Support more colors for colored text
- Fixed a multiplayer desync issue related to AI gnomes
- Options menus now scroll
- Delay rider attacks until mount has finished attacking
- Added a world map progress tracker that shows how many regions and area missions are complete
- Saying No in the Serf’s Up Quest can cause a progression bug AKA, your Wagon will be stuck and you won’t be able to return home for that session.
- Players may see Emperor’s Orders updates from online player’s progress
If you have any friends playing on the Xbox One version, or if you’re playing both versions, please note that Update 3 is expected to be coming soon to Xbox One (date TBA).
Pit People Update 3a: Hotfix
You may of noticed a lil’ update today.
We fixed an issue with new items being incorrectly awarded. Also, narrator commentary was slightly adjusted.
Be hexellent to each other!